Series of Workshops on Spirituality in the Second Half of Life
Sunday, October 28, at 3 p.m., Lauren Armstrong, Medical Social Worker, and Karen McDonald, Nurse Practitioner for Palliative Care and Hospice, will offer a workshop on palliative care and hospice. This is the first in a series of St. Peter’s talks, with discussion, on challenges faced by older adults. Reservations are not necessary. For additional information call 594-8191. Additional workshops scheduled for:
- Sunday, November 18 at 3:30 p.m. The second program is on Sunday November 18th at 3:30 pm. Barbara Jean O’Brien, organist and choir director at St. Peters and certified music thanatologist, will discuss music thanatology.
- Sunday December 2nd at 3 pm. The Rev. Mary Ann Hoy will discuss the spiritual dimensions and challenges of cognitive disorders and memory loss.
- Wednesday January 16th at 4 pm. Sarah Ruef-Lindquist, an attorney and certified trust and financial advisor at Allen Insurance and Financial, will discuss financial planning.
- Sunday February 10th at 3 pm. Walker Hutchins of Burpee, Carpenter and Hutchins Funeral Home, and the Rev. Lael Sorensen, rector of St. Peter’s will discuss funeral planning.
- A sixth workshop (still to be scheduled) will focus on intergenerational conversations and conflicts faced by families and caregivers relating to property, possessions, housing, care needs and costs and financial resources.